Field Service Technician (Toronto)
Canada - Scarborough
As a Field Service Technician you will be part of our Givex POS and Cable Installations Team which is responsible for installations, deployments, testing, and troubleshooting of various hardware (POS, cameras, digital signage) including all network structured cabling media and services installations.
This role requires driving to various client sites for installations on a daily basis from our warehouse which is why a full driver’s license is a must as is having a reliable vehicle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Hardware selection, setup and testing
- Hardware configuration for various hardware and software components, including Givex POS systems
- Hardware pre-deployment setup and testing
- Network system installations at customer locations
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace various hardware and software components at customer locations, including Givex POS systems
- Installation, testing, and troubleshooting of all network structured cabling media (CAT 5e, CAT 6, fibre-optic, coax), A/V cabling, flat-screen monitor installations.
- RMA returns processing and reporting
- Troubleshooting cable and equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshooting network communication problems
- Reviewing and monitoring inventory and requesting reorders as necessary
- Troubleshoot, and repaired switches, cables and other telecommunication equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Full Driver’s license must have
- Reliable vehicle must have
- Experience with Network Installations
- Experience as a Cable Technician or Cable Installer
- Experience in restaurants is considered an asset
- Experience with POS systems is considered an asset
- Cable Installer Certification is considered an asset
- Fiber installation Certification is considered an asset
- NCR experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems and electrical equipment.
- Capable of diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving any issues that may arise
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in cramped spaces
- Be available to work days & nights (periodically/on rotation)
Givex is glad to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and Givex’s policies. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please provide your accommodation needs in advance to Givex’s Human Resources Department by phone 1-877-478-7733 or by email to “accessibility” at givex.com.